ICQ is an Internet messaging tool that allows you to maintain a list of
contacts, see who is online at any time and send them messages. You can
download this program and check it out at the
ICQ home page.
One ICQ feature lets you indicate to everyone else when you're busy or
unavailable. It also allows you to type in a message to let others know
what you're doing or why you're not available. Instead of the default
"away" messages or the same old "brb" or
Digeri and I started playing
around with amusing, profound and/or confusing messages. So it went back
and forth and we got a bit carried away. The result is the collection of
messages you see below.
- Life is for the living.
John Cage, "Ally McBeal"
- I know why you hardly sleep... why you stay up late at night by your computer...
Trinity, "The Matrix". Probably not an exact quote.
- After many years of toil in the fields, it's nice to finally be able to take a step back and ask yourself... what exactly is couscous anyway?
- The crime's so bad that they even Mug root beer!
- All differences aside, an apple is exactly the same as a rhinoceros.
- What IS this high res land?
- Don't be surprised if sometime, somewhere, someone comes up to you and says "Smile! You're on ICQ!"
Commemorating the passing of Alan Funt of Candid Camera fame.
- This is the down stairs. I need the up stairs!
- I have a tutu on. Watch me dance.
- I sat down and I thought about it... and I thought about it... and I wrote this "away" message.
- moon fragment held tide rise seagull cry
- In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.
- On a hot summer night ... would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses?
- yo quiero el chihuahua
- there IS a fear factory in this division
- you got to take the elevator to the mezzanine
- und dann wird er wie ein Hund
- scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job
- The answer is out there ... it's the question that drives us.
- I tell you what ... WOW!
- The dark continent is no place for an addict ...
Mr. Peterman, "Seinfeld"
- Beauty is in the eye of ME, who is doing the beholding
- young plushies will be rebels
The ICQ "flower" and "away" icons are © ICQ LLC.